Mull and Iona Abattoir
Island Abattoirs play a vital role in promoting animal welfare as cattle, sheep and pigs destined for slaughter do not have to face long journeys to mainland slaughter houses.
Mull Slaughterhouse provides a crucial service to the farmers on Mull and also to those in the surrounding areas, with animals coming from Coll, Muck, Morvern and many other mainland farms. The service allows locally produced food to be eaten locally and the benefits of local food to the wider, local economy are well documented.
Mull Slaughterhouse suffered a serious fire in October 2010, and CRGP Ltd were appointed Project Managers, Architects, Quantity Surveyors and CDM Co-ordinators for the reinstatement works.
The Board of the Slaughterhouse recognised an opportunity to improve the facilities being provided. Their aims were to provide the very best welfare for animals; to produce more from the process; to reduce waste and to provide further employment for the island.
The Slaughterhouse worked quickly to secure funding for the alteration and extension works, and CRGP worked with the Slaughterhouse to obtain local authority approvals and to ensure the insurer supported the proposals.
Principal Contractor was TSL Contractors, and structural engineering was provided by WMA. The completed slaughterhouse was re-opened in the summer of 2011 and, recently where some island slaughterhouses have been forced to close the Mull Slaughterhouse is thriving.
Key to the successful delivery of the project was the determined input from Tom Nelson and Martin Caldwell of Mull Slaughterhouse and the performance of local contractor, TSL.
- Loch Lomond Arms Hotel, Luss
- Mull and Iona Abattoir
- Fire Damage Reinstatement
- Cadell House / Kudos
- Waterloo Street / Wellington Street, Glasgow
- The Famous Peacock Inn, Edinburgh
- Refurbishment and Alterations to pub/restaurant
- Venture Building
- Sustainable Office Block
- Crow Road / Strathcona Drive, Glasgow
- Residential and Commercial Development
- Spean Bridge Mill
- Fire Damage Reinstatement
- Camphill Vaults and Riva Restaurant
- CRGP’s design for Camphill Vaults and Riva Restaurant marries the old with the new
- Clydesdale House, Glasgow
- Completion of Clydesdale House marks the first stage in the formation of the new Springhill Business Village, within Glasgow Business Park
- Seaforth House, Hillington
- Redevelopment of Seaforth House, Hillington Industrial Estate
- The Schoolhouse, 101 Portman Street, Glasgow
- Fit-out of former school building to provide new offices for CRGP Limited.
- Parklands Country Club, Newton Mearns
- Reinstatement of Leisure Club following serious fire.
- Hamilton House, Hamilton Business Park, Hamilton
- High specification new build offices
- Border Toyota
- New Car Showroom, Carlisle
- TISO Glasgow Outdoor Experience
- Conversion to Provide Unique Retail Outlet
- 78-80 Tollcross Road, Glasgow
- Re-fit and upgrade of existing office accommodation
- Bar Bacchus, Glassford Street, Glasgow
- Fire/Water damage reinstatement of public house over two floors
- Maryhill Road / Clarendon Street, Glasgow
- Fire damage reinstatement of tenement property comprising flats, pub, restaurant and shops
- Motherwell Civic Centre, Condition Survey
- Little Rascals Nursery, Hawick
- Flood Damage Reinstatement
- The Subirachs Building, Howard St, Glasgow
- Douglas Street, Glasgow