CRGP has lodged a Planning Application for the extensive refurbishment of one of Glasgow City Centre’s most prominent A-Listed buildings.
St George’s Tron parish Church at the top of Buchanan Street was designed by William Stark and completed in 1808 in what, at the time was the extreme west end of the City.
The architectural significance of this landmark building is evident in the 5-stage Baroque style capped by a ribbed dome and obelisk.
“This project is about respectful interventions to enhance and retain the essence of the original”, Esther Weir of CRGP.
CRGP’s proposals include a new basement level, capable of accommodating a kitchen, meeting rooms, toilets and plant, thus allowing the main sanctuary space to be restored to the original but in open plan format.
The Ministry Team and Congregation of the Church regard such exciting refurbishment proposals as an extension to the established Christian witness provided by St George’s Tron right in the heart of the City.